Mission & Vision
The mission of Coleman University is to prepare students for meaningful professional careers in information technology and business, while providing an environment where those who become a part of this academic community may develop their full potential as human beings.
Coleman University affords the opportunity for persons of diverse backgrounds and ages to share ideas and values and to learn to work together toward common goals:
- To learn to think analytically and creatively; to understand facts and ideas; to reason from them and express conclusions clearly.
- To recognize that those who are the masters of the machines in this age of pervasive technology have the ultimate responsibility of assuring that their efforts improve the quality of life of humankind.
- To promote the spirit of intellectual inquiry, which enhances the cultural and social development of the community.
The objectives of the academic programs are:
- To develop understanding of the subject matter in an area of specialization.
- To understand the relationship of the special area to the whole realm of knowledge.
- To develop the abilities necessary for independent study and research in the related field.
- To integrate the knowledge and principles of the field of specialization into a cohesive theoretical and practical framework.
- To strengthen and refine both written and oral communication skills.
- To provide the foundation for a lifetime of continual learning.