Useful Information


Coleman University has entered into agreements to provide transcripts third-party servicers for students who completed a course at Coleman University, Coleman College, Kelsey Jenney College, or MicroSkills.  Please go to How to Obtain Transcripts page for more information.

United States Department of Education

Please review the U.S. Department of Education document Coleman University School Closure Fact Sheet and the information found at Has Your School Closed? Here’s What to Do .

For information on your federal student aid history and your  remaining eligibility for certain federal student aid programs, please  visit My Federal Student Aid.  You can no longer use your Federal Student Aid PIN.  If you haven’t already, you’ll need to create an FSA ID (a username and password) to access your loan history.

Contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID if you have questions.

Veterans Administration

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA) administers the GI Bill, and makes all determinations related to Veteran education benefit eligibility and payments.  USDVA also regulates entitlements paid to Veterans and performs all calculations. All questions regarding eligibility and payment of GI Bill benefits must be directed to the USDVA Education Call Center at 1-888-GIBILL1  (1-888-442-4551).

Please visit USDVA’s GI Bill website at to access education benefit information. Before transferring to another institution, Veterans should know that:

  • USDVA will not pay GI Bill education benefits at an unapproved institution;
  • Only the USDVA can provide assistance or address questions related to GI Bill eligibility or payment.

The GI Bill Web site at has an easy-to-use online GI Bill Comparison Tool that provides information to calculate benefits and research approved programs, tuition/fees, housing allowance, graduation and loan default rates.  

Veterans may also visit the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) Web site at to obtain assistance  with other Veteran needs and services.

Office of Student Assistance and Relief (OSAR)

The California Office of Student Assistance and Relief (OSAR) was created for the purpose of advancing and promoting the rights of students of private  colleges, and assisting students who suffer economic loss due to the closure of a private college.   Former Coleman students are encouraged to monitor OSAR’s website along with its Twitter and Facebook pages regularly for up-to-date information on the resources available to students following Coleman’s closure.  The OSAR website has information specific to Coleman University at Please direct any questions for the Office of Student Assistance and Relief to (888) 370-7589, Option #5 or email them at

Mailing Address: 

California Office of Student Assistance and Relief

P.O. Box 980818

West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818 

Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE)

Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) protects students through the oversight of California’s private postsecondary educational institutions.  Former students can contact BPPE as follows:

Mailing Address: 

Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education 

P.O. Box 980818  

West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818

Physical Address:  

Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education  

2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400

Sacramento, CA 95833 

Phone: (916) 431-6959  

Toll Free: (888) 370-7589 

Main Fax: (916) 263-1897

Enforcement/STRF/Closed Schools Fax: (916) 263-1896  


General Email: 

Transcript Request Email:  

Enforcement Email:  

Student Tuition Recovery Fund Email:  

Annual Report Email:  

Closed Schools Email: